Hot Tub Removal
Of course we recommend having the professionals handle a complete hot tub removal, as they (we) can help you clean up the mess plus avoid any costly mistakes or damage to your home. Spa or Hot Tub Removal is not the easiest thing, but disclaimer over, read on if you are ready!
Step by Step Spa Removal
Now, no one could argue that having a hot tub is nice. Unless, of course, the tub in question develops a leak, or, as in some cases, it’s been installed somewhere you’d rather not have it! Then again, another reason for hot tub removal could be that you are moving to a new home, and would like to refit it in your new home.
Whatever your reasons, you’re going to need to figure out how to get that old spa out of your Orange County home, and off to wherever you want it to be – whether that’s the dump, or another Orange County home, or anywhere else!
Here’s what you’re going to need to do:
- Figure out what you’re going to want to do with the spa after you’ve achieved your spa removal – do you want to reuse it, dump it, or maybe even resell it? What you plan to do with it will decide how you should remove it!
- Figure out what type of spa removal or hot tub removal you’re dealing with – you get steel and fiberglass versions, and some are much, much heavier than others – which will help you decide how to get it out, and off your property!
- Drain any water from the spa or hot tub, and make sure that the pump is disconnected.
- You probably want to protect the rest of your house from dust and dirt, by closing off the work area with plastic – along with duct tape, it forms a pretty decent temporary seal!
- Whatever you plan to do with the hot tub after you’ve removed it, you will need to dismantle the skirting or surround, and remove the motor, and any piping.
- If you’re practicing a little hot tub removal in your Orange County home because you want to get rid of the unit, then taking a Sawsall to your tub is the best way to get rid of it – remember – these kinds of spa baths are heavy, and spa removal, unless you want to sell or reuse the unit, need not include any major heavy lifting!
- If you plan to reuse or reinstall your spa or hot tub, in your Orange County home or elsewhere, removal will be a little trickier than merely cutting it up, and carrying the pieces out!
- Make sure you have a few people to help you lift – spa removal is all about heavy lifting!
- If you have a large hot tub, you’ll have to carefully remove it, and tip it onto its side, if it is indoors, and you need to get it through a door.
- Lastly, if your Orange County hot tub removal is with the intention of transporting it to another home, and installing it, you’re going to want to hire a truck to move it – they’re big, heavy, and unwieldy – you want professionals to handle transport!
Jacuzzi removal, spa removal and hot tub removal is not easy – it’s a time consuming and messy job, so if you’re going to do it yourself, make sure you have a few friends on hand to lend a hand, and that you have a lot of time to accomplish the task.
Need Immediate Help? Get a Free Estimate!
Call us right away to schedule a time for our junk removal services or free estimate. We will make sure a driver shows up on time, and ready to complete any tasks you might have.